Saturday, September 22, 2012

No Such Thing as Random

I just wanted to once again point out that God is AMAZING!!! The other night several problems I'd been struggling with were brought "out if hiding" from where I'd shoved them in the back of my mind. I sort of figured out what I knew God wanted me to do, but to calm myself down I read a chapter in my Bible, which I hadn't really done in a couple weeks since I'd been busy. It just so happened that there was a short paragraph that almost completely summed up what I'd thought God was telling me before- all of my problems addressed in a couple of verses in a random passage I just so happened to read on the night i needed them!!! Except the amazing part is that they weren't really random, God planned it out so perfectly that it worked out that I read them on that night. Thank you God!!

This is the passage that stood out to me:
"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries an cares to God, for he cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by the means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen."- 1 Peter 5:6-11

So much is stored up in that little passage, probably more than I got from it:). Hope you enjoy your weekend, and God bless!!!

Heather:)

No comments:

Post a Comment